A wedding is a life-changing event. Getting married means that you will be living a new stage of your life by the side of the person you promise to spend your entire life with. Getting married should be considered seriously. It even requires dedication and hard work to organize your own wedding.
Organizing a wedding means you have to book your own wedding venue, church, DJ, singers, photo booth, choirs, florist, or any other wedding vendors. There are a lot of things you have to iron out to have a smooth wedding date. You might end up having to hire the services of a wedding planner for this.
Aside from organizing the details of the actual wedding date, one of the important part that most couples are excited about is deciding what wedding cake to have. Wedding cakes play a special part in the wedding reception, after all. However, wedding cakes can be quite expensive so it can be tough to decide what cake to have for the event.
Due to the high cost of wedding cakes, a lot of brides often decide to bake their own wedding cake. That decision should be okay, especially when you have knowledge and experience in baking a cake already. Before you actually go ahead with the decision of baking your own wedding cake, you better ask yourself the following question:
1. How experienced are you at baking the wedding cake? Baking may sound so simple but there are actually delicate techniques you have to follow to be able to bake a delicious and visually appealing cake. You have to ask yourself if you have already made the cake you want to bake several times or if you are experimenting on this one.
2. How many hours of baking and decorating do you need? Just the preparations for the cake alone, you will have to spend more or less one hour. Baking takes a lot of time too. Decorating the cake to make it look amazing will take even more time.
3. Do you have that much time before the wedding? Depending on what cake you plan to bake, you have to consider whether or not you have enough time before the wedding to spend on baking the cake. You do not want to rush baking the cake nor sacrifice time for your wedding make-up session.
4. Is it easy for you to come back from scenarios like runny fondant, sticky sugar flowers, and burned fruit cakes? Especially when you are not a professional wedding cake baker, you will surely end up with some baking failures. Consider whether or not you have the ability, resources, and time to redo your work if they fail. Consider whether or not you have other options to turn to when you fail during the baking process.
5. Are you prepared to bake? Basically, you have to consider whether or not you have all the necessary baking supplies, tools, and equipment needed for the said project. If you do have all of them, then that is good.
However, in case you do not have any baking equipment or lack some of it, ask yourself if you have the skills or take the opportunity to look for wedding cakes Brisbane.