If you are building a new home or maybe you are in the process of renovating your home, you are probably thinking of what kind of window covering you can install. It is most likely that you have thought about installing curtains, but then, you have to know that dust loves to cling to the fabric materials of the curtains, plus, the curtains are quite high maintenance. Blinds may come in many colors but you need to change blinds after certain number of years because blinds get dent over a period of time. The best choice is still window shutters and the benefits that you can get are outlined below:
1) These types of window coverings are permanent making the window shutters cost effective. You only need to shell out money once. Unlike curtains and blinds which must be changed every so often.
2) If you want to completely block out sunshine from your room, you can shut all the louvers so very little light gets in. This is perfect if you want to extend your sleep or if you suffer from migraine.
3) The louvers of the window shutters can be opened or closed according to your preference. In other words, you can play around regarding the level of brightness you like.
4) The resale value of your home can significantly go up if you will opt for the installation of window shutters over the other types of window coverings.
5) The shutter is great option for window covering for people who suffer from allergies. Dust can easily cling to the fabrics, as a result, it will only exacerbate the condition of the allergic persons. But the shutter, since wood is the material used, dust does not cling and stay on the window shutters.
6) If you will opt for shutter, you can have a breezier home during the summer months. By opening the louvers, more air circulation is allowed.
7) At winter time, you can have a warmer home interior because by closing the louvers, you prevent the cold air from getting inside your home.
8) The designer shutters won’t be out of style. The classic designs will make this kind of window covering look awesome in the many years to come.
9) The window shutters are great when it comes to controlling your electric bills. This is because the louvers can be adjusted so more air or less chilly air is allowed or prevented inside your home.