Do you know what auto wreckers are? They are the people you will call if your car is stranded so that it can be towed to the nearest mechanic shop or if it is already beyond repair, it can be brought to a salvage yard for a small fee. Yes, they are almost the same as the towing people. You will need auto wreckers when you need to sell your car that is declared as beyond repair by its insurance company. When you say beyond repair, it means that repairing your car is more expensive than its value. They will then bring them to a salvage yard so that it will be stripped and those auto parts that are still usable will be refurbished and sold as used auto parts. This is why, you will usually hear people saying that they will but used auto parts from a junkyard.
There are already many auto wreckers around thus if you need one, be sure to choose carefully. You can use these tips below in choosing the right kind:
– Before looking for auto wreckers though, you can first have a pro inspect your vehicle as it might still be saved by just changing some few parts and might still be used for a number of years.
– To ensure that you will not be scammed, it will be best if you know beforehand the real value of your car. Thus hire someone who can appraise it before contacting auto wreckers.
– No matter how urgent is your need to dispose your defective vehicle, it would be best to contact at least 3 auto wreckers. This way, you can make a comparison and you will end up with the best deal.
– You should choose auto wreckers who are already well known and established. Most of the time, they will not do anything behind your back since they have a name to protect. They value their reputation more than scamming people for a small amount. Make sure as well that you only deal with someone with proper license and permits.
– There are so many auto wreckers online thus you can start your search there. If you know a friend or a relative who have his car sold to auto wreckers, you can also ask to be recommended. The bottom line is, be sure that your will get the most from your already damaged vehicle.
– And lastly, their customer service should be superb like they should be able to pick up your car for one hour at the latest after you talk to them. And they should not charge you with anything like the car towing and all when they will get your car.
It is already a sad fact that your car is declared as beyond repair by its insurance. This is why, though it will be sold to a junkyard, you should still try to get the best deal!